Barbering Level 2 Certificate
Need a new challenge? Whether it’s for kickstarting a new career, learning a new skill and cutting hair for friends and family, this barbering course will fit the bill.
If you are already qualified in Ladies’ Hairdressing or Theatrical and Media and want to acquire Barbering skills, this course could enhance your future career path.
Designed to develop the knowledge and skills that are required to provide professional barbering services, this specialist qualification will see you develop a high level of occupational ability and provide you with a sound platform from which to progress to further vocational qualifications. In addition, you will need to have good communication skills, excellent personal presentation, and an ability to cope with a heavy workload. You will be working in a realistic salon setting.
The course is split between studying the science and theory side of the subject and the practical ability. The theory sessions will include some use of IT. The practical sessions will consist of a tutor-led workshop where the tutor will demonstrate a skill and you will practise the skill on a head block. Ultimately, you will work as part of a commercial salon working on friends, family, and clients will be booked in. This is when you will be assessed.
You will be continually assessed and produce a portfolio to demonstrate your skills and knowledge. The portfolio includes written evidence together with graded practical observations.
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Cutting men’s hair
- Cutting facial hair
No previous experience is needed however a genuine interest in the industry is vital for success.
- As you’ll be working in our professional salon, we ask you to purchase a Barbering Kit (approximately £100) to create a sharp and polished environment for our valued clients
- You will also be required to bring models when needed, such as friends and family members. This will also help to build your clientele
- Salon wear must consist of black trousers and a black t-shirt, sensible non-opened toed black footwear
- These will be discussed in more depth during the first class
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.