Accounting – Introduction
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
Have you considered employment within accounting and would you like a taste of what you can expect? This taster course will help you decide if accounting is interesting and engaging to you.
A fun environment to get a basic understanding of the ‘essentials’ of accounting and professional considerations such as ethics, responsibility and sustainability.
During the course, you will learn about:
- Calculating VAT
- Accounting documentation
- Income – Expenses
- Double-entry bookkeeping
- The trial balance DEAD CLIC
- Assets – liabilities = Capital
- Capital Expenditure
- Asset Register
- Funding of assets
- Budgets Adverse and favourable cost, profit, investment centres
- Fixed costs, variable costs, graphs
- High Low method
- Ethical behaviour
- Corporate social responsibility
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.