GCSE & A Level Exams Announcement
Extra support for summer 2022 GCSEs, AS and A Levels
Monday 07 February Ofqual has announced information on qualifications that have been disrupted by coronavirus (COVID-19), in particular in relation to support for exams in summer 2022.
The government intends that exams will go ahead in summer 2022, with some changes to exams and non-exam assessments which are:
- exams will be graded more generously this year – providing a safety net for students
- advance information will help students to focus their revision
- exam boards have provided advance information for exams in most subjects
- students will have a choice of topics or content in some other GCSE subjects
- exam boards will provide a formulae sheet and an updated equation sheet that students will have in their GCSE maths, physics and combined science exams
Craven College recognises the ongoing impact that the pandemic is having on our students and welcome today’s release. We will be looking at the detail and ensuring that this is shared with our students as soon as possible.
Up-to-date announcements directly from awarding bodies can be found within the links below:
GCSE English Language WJEC – https://www.wjec.co.uk/articles/advance-information-update-summer-2022-wjec-gcse-and-as-a-levels/
GCSE Maths and A Levels – https://www.aqa.org.uk/2022-exam-changes