Former Catering Student wows College Diners
Published 11 May
Former Catering student Thomas Wilson, who now works at the prestigious Grantley Hall, a luxury hotel in Ripon, wowed diners at a sold-out exclusive dining experience at the College’s Three Peaks Bistro, giving students a catering masterclass and supporting them in preparing the exclusive menu.
Diners were treated to a menu consisting of:
- Local shoot Pigeon – Jerusalem artichoke puree, sauteed wild mushrooms, Doreen’s black pudding and pigeon jus
- Torched Mackerel – Heritage Isle of Wight tomato and cucumber ceviche, cucumber flower, gremolata, nasturtiums
- Heritage Beetroot – Savoury granola, gorgonzola espuma, popcorn shoots and viola flowers.
- East Coast Cod – Crushed Anya potatoes, marsh samphire, Champagne and chive beurre blanc
- Yorkshire Reared Pork Belly – Hasselback potatoes hone, glazed root vegetables, buttered rainbow chard, puffed pork skin, red wine jus
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, courgette, dill, broad beans, crispy hens’ egg, parmesan
- Classic Crème Brûlée – Earl grey infused with lemon amaretti biscuit
- Rhubarb Eton Mess – meringue, poached rhubarb, burnt strawberries, vegan cream, mint,
- Salted Caramel and Chocolate Tart – Chantilly cream and Raspberries
More events like this will be coming soon! Keep checking the website for more details.
If you are interested in studying a Catering and Hospitality course starting this September visit: https://www.craven-college.ac.uk/subjects/catering-hospitality/
|Catering||Level 1, Level 2|
|Professional Cookery||Level 1, Level 2|
|Chef de Partie Apprenticeship||Level 3|
|Commis Chef Apprenticeship||Level 2|
|Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship||Level 3|
|Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship||Level 2|
|Production Chef Apprenticeship New Course||Level 2|