Craven College in Collaboration with Leeds Trinity University
The Craven College Media department has collaborated with Leeds Trinity University as part of their Media and Journalism Week, 2 -5 November 2020! Students were given the opportunity to hear from industry experts representing the UK’s leading broadcasters, newspapers, magazines and digital media organisations.
During over a week of talks, workshops, Q&A sessions and networking, these world-renowned broadcasters, journalists and industry leaders provided a unique insight into what it’s like to work in today’s Journalism and Media industries.
Industry experts shared their knowledge and experience virtually via live stream sessions.
Throughout the week students had the opportunity to listen to, work with, network and learn from a wide range of professionals who are the top of their profession. These included:
- Host of Channel 4’s Steph’s Packed Lunch Steph McGovern
- Host of BBC Radio 4 Women’s Hour Jane Garvey
- BBC News LGBT correspondent Ben Hunte
- Actor and director Reese Dinsdale
- BBC’s The Naked Podcast hosts Jenny Eells and Kat Harbourne
- Channel 4 Digital Producer Chris Hitchings
- Bradford politics reporter for BBC Leeds and BBC Politics North Aisha Iqbal
- Co-Founder of the Trans Journalists Association and spokesperson for the National Women’s Law Centre (US) Gillian Branstetter
|Broadcasting New Course||Level 1, Level 2, Level 3|
|Film Studies New Course||Level 3|
|Media Studies||Level 1, Level 2, Level 3|
|Music Technology New Course||Level 1, Level 2, Level 3|
|Production Arts New Course||Level 1, Level 2, Level 3|
|Creative Media Production (Film & TV) HNC||Level 5|