We welcome interest from all individuals from experienced teachers to experienced bricklayers working in industry. We invite you to contact us for a chat about this exciting role and discover what it would be like to work for Craven College.
For candidates who have relevant industrial experience but do not possess a teaching qualification, there is the opportunity to be employed via the teacher trainee scheme. Please enquire with the Staff Development Team 01756 703893 for further information.
For an informal discussion please email Anita Lall on firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to a probationary period of 6 months, upon successful completion of which will become permanent.
A full enhanced disclosure check via the Disclosure & Barring Service will be required for this post.
25 days annual leave entitlement per annum and in addition 12 bank and local holidays
- To teach a range of units and levels from Bricklaying and other related programmes as appropriate, including apprenticeships, within the Department of Business & Technology Industries, involving a range of learners with varying abilities;
- To develop and design appropriate learning materials for a variety of learners;
- To act as study programme tutor within the department and provide support and guidance to students and staff, as necessary;
- To prepare, mark, assess and record students work as necessary to meet Quality Assurance and self assessment requirements within deadlines;
- To implement appropriate College Quality Assurance procedures and carry out relevant recording and administrative tasks to meet deadlines;
- To meet quality standards with particular reference to retention and achievement and be responsible for monitoring and reporting on continuous performance and improvement;
- To seek ideas, consult with colleagues and introduce innovative ways to embed the accurate and consistent use of English and Mathematics’ skills within planned learning and classroom environment as appropriate;
- Ensure maximum engagement by students in English and Maths
- To carry out external site visits in order to complete student assessments;
- To work in close conjunction with the Apprenticeship team to ensure effective progress of the students;
- To promote links with employers & external bodies and liaise effectively as required;
- To participate in curriculum development including apprenticeship standards and promotional aspects of the curriculum and School;
- To attend relevant Department/College team meetings in line with College requirements;
- To function as an effective team member within the School and across the College, as appropriate;
- To measure the success, retention, achievement and recruitment of your learners by different equality strands and put in place action plans to address any underperformance;
- To ensure that interaction with learners is inclusive, fosters good relations between different groups of people, pays attention to specific needs identified through assessment, and being mindful of cultural or gender differences;
- To work closely with parents, guardians and outside support agencies in agreeing strategies that overcome barriers to participation or learning progression;To participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake professional updating/staff development as required to meet the needs of the Division and College;
- To be fully conversant with the College’s Equality and Diversity aims and objectives; and take appropriate positive action in the promotion and delivery of Equality & Diversity targets
- To be fully conversant with and implement the College’s range of safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students and staff;
- To follow and implement Our College Behaviours
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
· Minimum Level 3 vocational qualification in Bricklaying or relevant subject area;
· Vocational experience in Bricklaying
· Current teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or willingness to working towards completion);
· Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
· A1 Assessor Award (or willing to undertake);
· Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
· Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
· Ability to motivate staff and work effectively as a team member;
· Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
· Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies;
· Willing to undertake professional development linked to the needs of the College;
· Computer literate;
· Recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector, including 14-16 age range;
· Qualified to above Level 3 in the subject area
· 5 years’ minimum industrial experience in Bricklaying
· Experience in Drainage, Scaffolding and decorative/feature brickwork
· Knowledge in basic Plastering, Joinery and Painting and Decorating
· Experience of programme tutorship;
· Ability to apply ILT techniques within teaching;
· Knowledge of current initiatives in bricklaying;
· Driving Licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle.