To coordinate the delivery and development of Employer Responsive provision, to include training programmes, work place assessment and distance learning, utilising funding in order to maximise College income whilst ensuring quality of delivery throughout.
This position is subject to a probationary period of 6 months, upon successful completion of which the position will become permanent.
A full enhanced disclosure check will be required via the Disclosure & Barring Service for this post
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To oversee the day-to-day management of the College’s employer responsive training offer, recruiting and line managing Trainers, Assessors and Internal Quality Assurers to meet agreed targets;
- To assure training quality through rigorous self-assessment, continuous improvement planning and measuring impact;
- To promote excellent teaching and effective learning across the Centre, ensure staff training and development needs are met, disseminating and share good practice across the College;
- To lead on and manage Tyro’s curriculum development and delivery in line with sector updates, legislative requirements and Awarding Organisation requirements, working with the College Quality Team;
- To coordinate and conduct teaching and learning observations as required, in conjunction with the Quality team and in line with the College Lesson Observation Policy;
- Ensure effective IAG is delivered throughout programmes, with appropriate Additional Learning support provided where needed, in conjunction with Student Services;
- To contribute to the continuous development of working links and partnerships with employers, industry and other external organisations through the building of long term working relationships and the successful provision of appropriate services;
- To maintain accurate records and monitor progress towards agreed targets and deadlines, submitting monthly performance related reports to the Business Development and Training Manager;
- In conjunction with the Tyro Management team, liaise with employer representatives, external bodies and other colleges to share best practice and inform our own operations, representing the College at external meetings where appropriate;
- To liaise with Heads of Schools and appropriate cross college staff in relation to the provision and development of training services;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with the college’s range of equality and diversity and safe guarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff;
- To ensure that interaction with learners is inclusive, paying attention to specific needs identified and through assessment, being mindful of cultural or sex differences.
- To participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undergo further professional development in line with the needs of the College;
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mindset - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Qualified to degree or equivalent professional level or working towards;
- Teaching qualification and/or relevant assessing experience;
- Numerate, with an understanding of costing and pricing techniques;
- Computer literate, with the ability to use word processing, database and spreadsheet packages and knowledge of new information learning technologies;
- Knowledge of current developments in further Education, Higher Education and/or the industrial training environment, including NVQs, distance and flexible learning;
- Sound understanding of funding bodies and specifically the role of the SFA and SFA funding methodology;
- Experience of managing and co-ordinating activities of a team;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully motivate others;
- Experience of instigating, developing and monitoring effective systems and procedures;
- Experience of dealing with employers, including small to medium sized organisations, large employers, public sector organisations and the voluntary sector;
- Knowledge of the wider business support network, the agencies involved and their roles and sources of funding;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a pleasant and persuasive telephone manner;
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team;
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability and confidence to put forward new ideas and work on own initiative;
- Proven ability to manage sizeable projects working to a consistently high standard under pressure, to meet pre-determined deadlines and targets;
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further training and development.
- Experience of Further Education;
- Internal Quality Assurer Qualified.
- Knowledge and awareness of regional and national workforce development strategies.
- Understanding of Distance Learning quality and processes