Working in close liaison with the Head of Evolve, teaching and support staff, to be responsible for supporting the progress, performance and well-being of a caseload of students, taking all measures necessary to support students to meet or exceed their target outcomes, in line with their outcomes, and in line with their programme of study. To plan and deliver one-to-one and group tutorials in line with College requirements and complete all associated records and administrative tasks appertaining to the progress of students. To identify where further support is required and refer students to Student Support Services or make appropriate referrals.
This post is subject to a probationary period of 6 months, upon successful completion of which will become permanent
A full enhanced disclosure check via the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required for this post
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To plan and conduct themed tutorial sessions for groups of students with and without EHCPS in an inclusive setting and, to monitor and support student performance and progression;
- To seek ideas, consult with colleagues and introduce innovative ways to embed the accurate and consistent use of English and Mathematics’ skills within planned learning and classroom environment as appropriate;
- You will ensure maximum engagement by your students in English and Maths, resulting in English and Maths success rates of at least the national average
- To provide 1-1 and group advice, information and guidance to students in order to promote their individual attainment levels;
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate records and tracking of students’ progress against target outcomes, with agreed actions and details of support referrals and measures put in place;
- To ensure that students maintain individual logs, i.e. work experience, e-learning and cross college tutorials attended;
- To submit comprehensive, accurate reports of student progress to Head of Evolve as required, to include English and maths, where applicable;
- Maintain contact with parents;
- To liaise closely with the MIS Manager, MIS Officer English and Maths, Admin Suite and Student Support regarding student attendance and contact the SEND & Industry Placement Officer where student attendance is poor;
- To collate students’ reports, contributing to the feedback, sending written reports to parents;
- To liaise on a regular basis, contributing to weekly Staff Development and Student Support Meetings with the teaching and support team, providing and receiving data and feedback regarding student progress, jointly sharing any concerns;
- To give students information, advice and guidance promoting personal welfare, development.
- To refer students, where appropriate, to additional specialist support;
- To work in close conjunction with the Evolve team in the provision and access to relevant support, regularly reviewing progress in and setting appropriate targets towards students increasing their ability to study independently;
- To bring to the attention of the Head Evolve any achievement gaps between different groups, implement action plans for addressing achievement gaps and refer to other sources as appropriate.
- To help students to access careers advice and guidance, supporting and guiding students in planning their progression;
- To advise students on the completion of further and higher education and employment applications and support students with referencing and personal statements;
- To collate College, Employment and UCAS applications and submit for approval;
- To accurately complete documentation and associated written records in a clear, concise manner; to maintain student documentation, data and records, including Student Contract; Early Leaver forms; individuals’ Risk Assessments; Confirmation of Study Programme Sheets; Student Destination forms.
- To organise and monitor attendance at themed group Tutorials in line with the specific requirements of the College and student needs;
- To assist in the enrolment of students according to entry criteria in the chosen subject area and English and maths and support in the delivery of diagnostic assessments;
- To assist with the delivery of student inductions, ensuring students fully understand the College Code of Conduct, attendance standards and reporting procedures;
- To ensure students complete relevant surveys and, in liaison with the Head of Evolve, respond to Student Voice.
- To support students through their work experiences and complete relevant paperwork associated with individual students;
- To brief students regarding their work experience;
- To agree work experience objectives with students;
- To monitor work experience;
- To ensure that students log work experience hours and evaluate their experience.
- To support student recruitment through attendance at careers events, open evenings/days, exhibitions and shows;
- To ensure accurate records are maintained of: attendance; target setting in subject areas; progress to date; behaviour; retention; targets and achievement in English and maths support requirements;
- To be responsible for administering level 1 Verbal Warnings to students, where appropriate, and maintaining relevant Disciplinary records;
- To discuss informal complaints with the Head of Evolve;
- To ensure safeguarding procedures are followed at all times and that issues/disclosures that are a reason for concern are correctly and expediently referred;
- To ensure up to date understanding is maintained at all times in terms of safeguarding issues, e.g. Sexual Exploitation, FGM and Prevent
- To attend and participate in School and Subject Sector meetings, where required;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the College’s range of equality and diversity and safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff;
- To participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undergo further professional development in line with the needs of the College;
- To ensure that interaction with students is inclusive, paying attention to specific needs identified by the tutor and through assessment, being mindful of protected characteristics;
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mindset - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Experience of working to challenging targets and be able to work in a changeable environment where personal performance can be measured and successful teamwork is essential
- Experience of carrying out negotiations between several parties ensuring satisfactory agreement is brokered
- Experience of working with personal information in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Experience of working with Health and Safety Regulations/Risk Assessment
- Competent to use a range of computer systems and software including spreadsheets and databases with the ability to analyse data
- Ability to relate well to and develop a good rapport with individual or groups from a diverse background, age range and levels of ability
- Ability to act with integrity, sensitivity, care and diplomacy
- Understanding of the fundamentals of learning and development and barriers to learning
- Enthusiasm for education and learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening, questioning techniques and ability to inspire and challenge students
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise work ensuring timely management of own workload
- Ability to work on own initiative and to a consistently high standard under pressure to pre-determined deadlines
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to produce management information, reports and statistics and monitoring targets
- Qualified to at least Level 3 (A level equivalent)
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame)
- Higher Education qualification (level 4 or above);
- Knowledge of Learning Difficulties and Disabilities and how this can impact on learning
- A good understanding of current education standards and systems;
- An understanding of Further Education programmes and Progression routes