To deliver a range of accredited and non-accredited Counselling courses to meet curriculum requirements and quality assurance procedures.
For an informal discussion please email Mel Cairns on email@example.com
This post is temporary for a fixed term up 31 July 2022, with a possible extension dependant on funding/student numbers.
A full DBS Certificate via the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To prepare for and deliver training on a range of courses in line with customer requirements;
- To develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery including flexible learning programmes;
- To develop and carry out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards and be involved in internal verification and/or moderation if required;
- To promote, develop and evaluate a range of provision within the curriculum area;
- To keep abreast of new developments in the field and evaluate new approaches to curriculum delivery;
- To be responsible for updating the subject specialism including continuing professional development;
- To be responsible for marking and monitoring students’ progress;
- To carry out administrative and recording tasks relating to your course(s) in line with Quality Assurance procedures, self-assessment, and awarding body requirements and to maintain necessary records and documentation;
- To be proactive in raising standards on the courses delivered in relation to learner success and customer satisfaction;
- To attend mandatory team meetings and staff development as requested by your Line Manager and to be an effective team member;
- To liaise effectively with management and staff across the College;
- To participate in the College’s appraisal scheme in line with College Policy;
- To provide guidance, advice to support to students in accordance with College Policy and in conjunction with the Line Manager;
- To assist with the marketing and promotion of courses;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the College’s range of equality and diversity and safe guarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff;
- To ensure that interaction with learners is inclusive, fosters good relations between different groups of people, pays attention to specific needs identified through assessment, and being mindful of cultural or gender differences;
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mind set - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Psychology or Therapeutic Counselling.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy;
- Currently working towards or have BACP accreditation, or equivalent from a recognised professional body.
- Ability to teach on Counselling Skills and Therapeutic Counselling Training Courses from Level 2 to Level 4 or above.
- Currently working as a counsellor/psychotherapist as vocational experience is essential
- Person centred or relational therapy core approach
- Teaching/training qualifications or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Maths and English;
- An excellent current working knowledge of the subject area;
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development;
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure and with minimum supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience of CBT/TA;
- Ability to teach Introductory courses in metal health awareness, stress management and counselling
- Prior teaching experience in this subject area
- Knowledge of current initiatives in counselling spheres;
- Experience of NCFE and ABC awarding bodies
- Hold or work toward Assessor qualification and Internal Verification qualification.