To deliver Apprenticeships both in the workplace and/or on College sites to meet delivery and quality assurance requirements. To ensure that target setting and monitoring of students leads to timely achievement of the Standard.
For an informal discussion please contact Richard Swires on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of the work, it is essential that applicants have a current clean driving licence and own, or have use of, an appropriately insured car
Pay claims are submitted on the last working day of the month for payment on the last working day of the following month
A full enhanced disclosure check will be required via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for this post
Fixed Term until 31 July 2023, extension dependent on student numbers.
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To manage a caseload of Apprenticeship candidates and be responsible for monitoring candidates’ progress throughout the programme of study, liaising with employers, coordinators and End Point Assessment Organisations to ensure timely achievement.
- To coach, train and instruct candidates either within college or in the work-place to meet Standard aims of L2 Horticulture / Landscape Construction operative, assessing where required.
- To agree and review an individual learning plan with candidates.
- To provide relevant underpinning knowledge and skills related to the Standard.
- To identify opportunities for candidates to demonstrate competence and collect evidence for their portfolio.
- To identify valid and sufficient sources of evidence to meet quality standards
- To be responsible for monitoring candidates’ progress throughout the programmes of study, liaising with the Internal Verifier and identifying issues and interventions to ensure timely achievement.
- To identify gaps in competence and provide constructive development plans.
- To negotiate individual action plans with candidates and employers.
- To carry out efficient administrative procedures, and to keep up-to-date records and paperwork, in line with quality assurance procedures, self-assessment; internal verification policy.
- To keep abreast of new developments in the field, to contribute to the introduction of new approaches in the curriculum area and to share best practice across different curriculum areas.
- To liaise effectively with the Line Manager, coordinators, management and staff within the College, and employers to deliver and evaluate an effective programme.
- Liaise with End point assessment organisations.
- To attend and actively participate in regular course team, standardisation meetings
- To undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in line with College policies and maintain occupational competence.
- To participate in the College’s appraisal scheme in line with College Policy.
- To seek ideas, consult with colleagues and introduce innovative ways to embed the accurate and consistent use of English and Mathematics’ skills within planned learning and classroom environment as appropriate.
- To be pro-active, where appropriate, in developing links with industry and other agencies.
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the College’s range of safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff.
- To ensure that interaction with learners is inclusive, fosters good relations between different groups of people, pays attention to specific needs identified through assessment, and being mindful of cultural or gender differences.
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Professionally qualified in the subject area.
- Teaching qualification to minimum Level 3 (Teaching Award in Education and Training) or equivalent (or willing to work towards).
- AI Assessor award or equivalent.
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame).
- An enthusiasm for horticulture and sharing knowledge.
- Recent relevant industrial experience.
- An excellent working knowledge of the subject area.
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College.
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately.
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the Department curriculum and College needs.
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Current driving licence and use of car.
- Qualifications in line with College Policy and legislative requirements i.e. PGCE or Certificate in Education/Level 3 Teaching Award in Education and Training or Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (or prepared to work towards).
- Internal Verifiers Award i.e. V1 or equivalent.
- Previous experience of Teaching, Training and Assessing ideally in the FE sector.
- Appreciation of quality issues in FE.
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focused, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mind set - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable