To support the provision of a quality Learning Hub service which meets the needs of learners. This includes supporting learners with knowledge in e-resources, skills and techniques to successfully enhance a course of study including:
- Providing support for VLE (Moodle).
- Supporting the delivery of guided learning hours.
- Helping in the use of mobile technologies and IT applications.
- Sourcing curriculum information through IT.
For more information and an informal discussion please contact Catherine Adams on email@example.com
A full DBS Certificate via the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required.
This position is subject to a probationary period of 6 months, upon successful completion of which the position will become permanent.
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To play an active role in supporting Learning hub centre users in locating and using to the best effect all resources within the hub, supporting information retrieval skills to reinforce curriculum requirements;
- To supervise the day to day activities of the Learning hubs, undertaking associated administration;
- To supervise learning and support the delivery of guided learning hours, supporting students in the development of digital literacy, completion of Core Online Learning & Assessment activities and independent study where appropriate;
- To organise and deliver induction programmes for all users to facilitate effective usage of resources;
- To supervise the day to day use and assist in the development of the Heritage Library management system;
- To facilitate access and provide advice to students on the use of the internet, intranet, electronic databases and Athens, and to assist in the promotion and development of the effective use of ILT;
- To participate in acquisition of new materials, including accessing, downloading, creating basic records of materials on Heritage Cirqa and producing reports as requested and monitoring journal subscriptions;
- To monitor overdue assets, maintain stock and records;
- To maintain an environment conducive to information retrieval and learning to include effective physical layout and general organisation;
- To keep up to date with current and future educational literature related to specific curriculum areas and the topics and issues of general value to students, and maintain records;
- To maintain an environment conducive to learning, ensuring users behave appropriately and adhere to the Learning Hub Code of Conduct;
- To contribute appropriately to team meetings in order to enhance co-operative working relationships, the learning experience of students and the development of the Learning hub service;
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in training and appropriate staff development including the attendance at meetings with external partners and attend relevant Faculty meetings;
- To oversee the operation of the security system in line with College policy;
- To offer teaching staff advice and support with materials and other resources in line with the requirements of the curriculum and its development which comply with:
- National requirements;
- The published aims and objectives of the College;
- The College’s overall policies, methodologies and systems as defined by the Senior Management Team;
- To provide staff development where necessary to staff in the use of the information media available within the Learning hub and provide information on new acquisitions and developments;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with the College’s range of equality and diversity and safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff;
- To ensure that interaction with learners is inclusive, paying attention to specific needs of the individuals, adhering to the College Equality and Diversity policy;
- To participate in the College’s appraisal scheme and be committed to professional self-development in line with the needs of the College;
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mindset - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Appropriate library/learning resource centre qualification or willing to work towards;
- Experience of working in a library/learning resource centre/student learning environment;
- Proficient in a range of IT skills and competent with a range of computer packages, including, but not limited to, all programs within the suite Office 2016 and above and be confident in using Cloud resources, such as Microsoft 365 for Education. The successful candidate should also be willing to keep up to date with new technologies;
- Broad experience of ILT and new learning technologies;
- Ability to support Learners in assisting with the presentation of written work for submission.
- English and maths GCSE A*-C, or equivalent;
- Experience of supporting the learning of students;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including customer service skills with the ability to relate at all levels;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to work flexibly within a team;
- Knowledge and experience of current developments in Further Education;
- Current general IT qualification, demonstrating knowledge of applications.
- Specialist expertise in a specific curriculum area/s.