To provide work related support to students who are participating in the Supported Internship Programme. Engage with employers to secure sufficient and realistic employment opportunities. Work with students to identify work opportunities that are aspirational and realistic. Negotiate Job Descriptions that meet employer business needs and match the skills and abilities of internees. Assist with helping the student acclimatise to their work environment. Coordinate staff supporting students on the Supported Internship Programme.
For an informal discussion please contact Bridget Slater firstname.lastname@example.org
Flexible working arrangements
Pay claims for the actual hours worked are submitted on the last working day of the month
A full DBS Certificate via the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- Engage with employers to secure sufficient and realistic employment opportunities to meet the requirements of the supported internship programme;
- Understand the concept of job brokering and be able to negotiate job descriptions that meet employer needs and match to the skills and abilities of internees.
- Support internees to be successful in their employment, provide an appropriate level of support and guidance in the work place.
- Implement support plans which will enable the internees to become competent in work and related skills.
- Provide on the job training in work settings
- Keep accurate records of job coaching support provided.
- Acquire or complete risk assessments where appropriate.
- To facilitate other workers to become confident in working with and supporting internees to carry out their duties.
- Liaise with the Course Tutor providing a link between the employer’s needs and the study programme with particular attention to literacy and numeracy needs.
- Support learners within English, maths, employability and tutorial sessions liaising with the course tutor to relate the sessions towards the learner’s individual placement.
- To participate in the College’s Appraisal Scheme and continuously up-date knowledge and skills in line with the changing needs of the College.
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the college’s range of equality and diversity and safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Qualified to at least a Level 3 in a related subject
- Experience of employer engagement;
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of supported employment and job brokering;
- Understanding of working with young people who have learning difficulties and / or disabilities;
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with vulnerable adults and young people with special needs or learning difficulties;
- Demonstrate the ability to promote and work towards increasing independence amongst internees;
- Ability to inspire and motivate learners with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Experience of maintaining accurate student records and providing reports as required;
- Ability to work on own initiative in an unsupervised capacity to consistently high standards;
- Reliability and the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the College;
- Ability to assist with the supervision and general welfare of learners;
- Good understanding of health and safety regulations;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Level 2 qualification in numeracy/literacy;
- Full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle;
- Evidence of having used Job Carving, Holistic Assessments and Vocational Profiling to secure suitable work opportunities (or a willingness to work towards qualification in supported employment).
- Experience of working in an educational environment which is student centred.