As a HR Business Partner you will be hands on with all elements throughout the employee life cycle. Being naturally organised you will manage your workload and be highly skilled in building and maintaining relationships with all levels of stakeholder. Acting as a trusted advisor you will offer solutions, support and lead where required, on wide range of employee relations. In addition, you will take a lead role on a number of exciting transformational and improvement projects. Supporting the development and implementation of the College Vision and resulting strategy, while promoting a customer-focused culture of continuous improvement is a key factor of the role.
Fixed term for 12 months, to cover maternity leave
Flexi-time working arrangements.
Option for blended working with a mix of on Campus and remote working.
Excellent Contributory Local Government Pension Scheme.
Good holiday entitlement including locally agreed efficiency days
A full DBS Certificate via the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- Support a best practice model of HR services throughout the College, reporting directly into the Director of HR.
- Lead on HR improvement projects, from planning to implementation.
- Support HR Director with policy and procedure reviews and updates in accordance with current employment legislation and best practice.
- Handling HR matters proactively, reliably and credibly in accordance with legal requirements in order to achieve organisational objectives and meet KPIs
- Managing a caseload of current employee relation cases.
- Managing investigations and meetings in relation to grievance, disciplinary, capability and other employee relations, at both informal and formal stages, where required.
- Acting as an effective coach, guide and mentor to managers to enable them to improve business performance.
- Partnering with line managers to build strong working relationships and offer a full bespoke solutions-based service. Including but not limited to resourcing, recruitment, staff management, performance reviews, identifying training needs and additional support.
- Management of the HR Log to ensure accurate recording of case management, in order to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the HR function against department KPl's.
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mindset - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Educated to Diploma Level (or equivalent experience) and possess a minimum of CIPD at Level 5 Diploma level
- Have a broad range of experience as a generalist HR practitioner, specifically including recruitment and selection procedures and interviews, Employee relations and policy implementation and substantial and varied case management.
- Knowledge of the Business Partner relationship and experience of working with differing stakeholders and departments across an organisation.
- Competent in the use of a range of IT software to include Word, Excel, Internet and email.
- Have a strong understanding of Employment Law and good practice.
- High level verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present complex information clearly and professionally.
- Be creative and innovative.
- Have a strong professional image, with strong influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations effectively.
- Be organised and systematic, with the ability to work consistently to high quality standards under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to use judgement and develop appropriate solutions/responses to complex and sensitive issues where there is no established precedent.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member, actively contributing and working flexibly to both support and lead others to achieve shared goals.
- Have previous experience of operating in a Unionised Environment.
- A track record in delivering projects and services successfully including the ability to scope out a project and manage time and resources appropriately
- Ability to travel across college sites.
- Previous experience of working in further/higher education.
- Experience of payroll administration and budgeting.
- Proactively monitor sickness level absences, advising and supporting line managers to effectively manage both short and long-term sickness in line with college policy and procedure and to ensure achievement of HR KPI's.
- Work with colleagues across the Staff Development Team, sharing insights to ensure that clients development needs are identified and supported.
- Involvement in developing and delivering internal Training, Team Building and engagement across the college working closely with the Staff development team.
- Managing organisational change and restructuring projects including collaboration with colleagues across the business to ensure consultation and Implementation are managed appropriately in accordance with College policy and legal requirements.
- Liaison with the Payroll Manager to ensure efficient and accurate records and payroll are maintained.
- Ensure the effective delivery of the Human Resources function to meet stakeholder expectations, evaluating and adapting the service to maintain standards resulting in an agile department with continuous service improvement.
- To participate in the College's Appraisal Scheme and engage in your own personal professional development by maintaining up-to-date knowledge and skills in line with the changing needs of the College;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the college's range of equality and diversity and safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff;
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested