We are looking for a vibrant person who can provide an efficient and effective technician service to support the hair, beauty and nail services sectors. To undertake instructor duties to support the lecturer with the teaching and assessment of students in the different practical sessions.
This post is subject to a probationary period of 6 months, upon successful completion of which will become permanent
A full DBS Certificate via the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To provide an efficient and effective technician/instructor service within the hair, beauty and nail service department
- To support students with the smooth running of the reception area when greeting clients and taking payments and maintaining a professional environment.
- To carry out an annual review and organise the student kits and uniforms to ensure best value for money.
- Carry out instructor duties to support the tutors particularly in hairdressing when there are commercial salons running. To also support in both the beauty and nail salons
- Support students in the dispensaries when they are working on a rota to ensure efficient use of stock.
- Carry out regular stock takes maintaining efficient stock level, support students with this process as part of their work experience
- Request stock orders via the admin team and check deliveries on arrival for authorisation of payment
- Maintain clean and tidy salons/stock cupboards and equipment across all salons, meeting all health and safety requirements
- To set up salons ready for the start times, respond to tutor requests for equipment required for each salon.
- Work with tutors and students at the end of practical sessions to ensure the salons are left clean and tidy
- Research new products and equipment and suppliers to ensure we are getting good value for money
- Maintain the security of stock and equipment across all areas
- To organise the maintenance and PAT testing of all equipment
- To contribute to the financial efficiency of the department by working with admin and marketing teams to promote new clients and increase salon takings meeting targets for commercial salon takings set by the line manager.
- Up-date risk assessments annually and create new assessments when required
- To be conversant with and act upon the health and safety policy and procedures
- To participate in the college’s appraisal scheme and undertake continuing professional development
- Any other duties that commensurate with this grade and role
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic- Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mindset - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Experience of technician duties
- Experience in hairdressing and or beauty therapy
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work to consistently high standards and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work using own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexibly and function effectively as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Experience of reception duties
- Hairdressing and or beauty therapy qualification