To deliver Apprenticeships both in the workplace and/or on College sites to meet delivery and quality assurance requirements. To ensure that target setting and monitoring of students leads to timely achievement of the Standard.
For an informal discussion please contact Richard Swires on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of the work it is essential that applicants have a current clean driving licence and own, or have use of, an appropriately insured car
Pay claims are submitted on the last working day of the month for payment on the last working day of the following month
A full enhanced disclosure check will be required via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for this post
Fixed Term until 31 July 2022, extension dependent on student numbers.
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To work between the Apprenticeship Department and Construction Department ensuring clear communications regarding progress of Construction candidates.
- To triangulate information relating to learner skills between Curriculum area, Apprenticeship Department and Employers.
- To work across all Trade Areas of Construction have a multi skilled approach to the targets of all candidates and across all employers.
- To assist the Curriculum Area in identification of candidate skills gaps and support employers with appropriate action plans and targets to cover identified areas.
- To prioritise candidates learning and progress based on progress, programme duration and anticipated end dates.
- To carry out regular visits to employers, ensuring a full understanding of learning requirements, progress and skills gaps across all pathways.
- To update progress tracking sheets, inform employers of Apprentices progress and promote Timely achievement.
- To focus on and understand the End Point Assessment (EPA) process and support candidates in the readiness for the process.
- To support Construction Tutors in the administration, evidence requirements and logistics of EPA across all Trade Areas
- To attend and actively participate in regular course team, standardisation meetings and meetings with internal verifiers, external verifiers and awarding bodies, as requested by the Head of School/Line Manager
- Eventually, up-load evidence to trigger Gateway once trailed
- To undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in line with College policies and maintain occupational competence
- To participate in the College’s appraisal scheme in line with College Policy
- To seek ideas, consult with colleagues and introduce innovative ways improve process and systems across Departments
- To be pro-active, where appropriate, in developing links with employers and employment opportunities across Construction industries and other agencies
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the College’s range of safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff
- To ensure that interaction with learners is inclusive, fosters good relations between different groups of people, pays attention to specific needs identified through assessment, and being mindful of cultural or gender differences
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mind set - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Appropriate sector and / or trade qualifications to a minimum of L3
- AI Assessor award or equivalent (or be willing to work towards)
- An excellent understanding of Apprenticeship Standards and process
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame)
- Recent relevant multi skilled industrial experience
- An excellent working knowledge of the subject areas
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the Department curriculum and College needs
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current driving licence and use of car.
- Qualifications in line with College Policy and legislative requirements i.e. PGCE or Certificate in Education/Level 3 Teaching
- Internal quality assurance or verifiers Award i.e. V1 or equivalent
- Previous experience of Teaching, Training and Assessing ideally in the FE sector
- Appreciation of quality issues in FE.