To be the first port of call for student, staff and visitor enquires. To function as an effective team member and to provide input into the development of the customer service process and suggestions for continuous improvements of service. To provide a highly responsive and customer focused ‘One College’ response to enquiries and admissions. To work with the marketing team to support promotion of events and social media posts.
This post is subject to a probationary period of 6 months, upon successful completion of which will become permanent
A full enhanced disclosure check via the Disclosure & Barring Service will be required for this post
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To deal with customer enquiries effectively, in a positive, professional manner via telephone, webchat, face-to-face, email and letter, processing or directing as appropriate, logging, tracking and ensuring satisfactory resolution.
- To be the first point of contact for students and staff, and externally from potential students and external bodies dealing with all enquiries in a positive and professional manner to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- To maintain records of visitors in and out of the building for security and safety purposes.
- To operate an efficient, proactive and professional admissions service, providing full and current information, advice and guidance regarding the college’s offer in a clear and helpful manner from enquiry, through application, with a strong focus on conversion of enquiries to enrolment, using every opportunity available to maximise income.
- To act as the main contact for students applying to HE at Aviation Academy.
- To arrange interviews as required by entry requirements for both FE and HE courses.
- To provide financial information and impartial advice on matters relating to financial support including Bursaries, Travel, Advanced Learner Loans and HE financial support.
- To provide college and curriculum administration, including processing the ordering of goods for departments using the Symmetry system providing a high level of customer service.
- To maintain an efficient administrative system through inputting, validating and maintaining student details on the College management information system including the processing of pre-enrolment DBS checks.
- To maintain relevant filing systems as necessary for audit purposes and to assist in the archiving of all student records where necessary.
- To keep up to date with future changes in curriculum and college events and promotions and attend Taster Days, Careers Events, Open Evenings / Days and other promotions as required.
- To deal with the mail internally and externally, ensuring deadlines are met.
- To be responsible for petty cash and balancing the float monthly.
- To assist the examinations Department with invigilating in examinations where required.
- Work in close liaison with the Customer Service team in Skipton as an effective team member and maintain high quality standards.
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with the College’s range of equality and diversity and safeguarding policies and procedure to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff
- Participate in the College’s appraisal scheme and undertake continuing professional development in line with the needs of the College
- Checking of website design, suggesting development, and updating to corporate guidelines.
- Update social media on a frequent basis; Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Creative content for socials and website
- Create Alumni and promote events
- Work with and promote working partnerships with aviation organisations
- Manage admin of open evenings, taster mornings, school liaison, STEM bookings etc
- Organise and promote trips and visits, looking after the shop and bookings
- Work with main college site and marketing team for professional development
- Monitoring and providing programme data as required
- Implementing student surveys and forums, ensuring student satisfaction benchmarks are met each year
- Managing the selection, admission, and progression / destination of students
- Checking and submitting student registrations and exam entries
- Being an active participant in cross-department, HE and cross- college meetings as required
- Liaising with the Programmes Leaders for Maths and English to ensure that students are meeting the conditions of funding
- Complete references for ex-students in line with aviation security background check requirements
- Stock control and liaison with facilities team
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
The person we are hoping to appoint will meet all of the following essential requirements and some or all of the desirable requirements.
- Maths and English GCSE Grade 4 or above (C or above)
- Excellent range of administrative skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, email, Teams
- Experience of using social media to create content such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment setting with excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrable evidence of skills, and a commitment to a high-quality customer service
- Strong desire for continual improvement of the customer’s experience
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, and a pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to interpret and present full and accurate information, both verbally and in written format, in a clear manner
- Ability to interpret and apply procedural and guidance notes and instructions
- Experience of planning, organising and prioritising work to meet pre-determined deadlines
- Ability to produce work to a consistently high standard, under pressure to meet changing deadlines and deliver on schedule
- Experience of working on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure in an environment where change is a constant feature, and to manage own and others stress effectively
- Ability to deal with personal information in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Willingness and ability to build and maintain strong internal and external working relationships alongside functioning effectively as part of a team being supportive of other team members to work cohesively together
- Ability to relate to young people, with an interest in their future development
- Highly organised with effective time management skills
- Willingness and ability to function as part of a small team
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College
- Ability to follow instructions, procedures and guidelines with accuracy and high attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the curriculum and College needs
- NVQ Level 2/3 qualification in Customer Service, Information, Advice and Guidance or prepared to undertake
- Experience/knowledge of the FE sector
- Experience/knowledge of student database systems
- Experience of working with young people
- First Aid qualification
- Experience of marketing/promotional events
- Previous experience in the aviation industry/passion for the aviation industry
Our behaviours are not meant to be exhaustive but serve to illustrate and bring to life the range of aspects that contribute to being an effective Craven colleague. We need everyone to bring them to life.
WORK TOGETHER TO OFFER ALL LEARNERS AND CUSTOMERS EXCELLENT OUTCOMES, BUILD STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Connected - Work well with others
- Innovative - Creative and solutions-focussed, work inventively, generate new ideas
- Responsible - Takes ownership, completes work well and on time
ABLE AND WILLING TO EVOLVE, ACHIEVE POTENTIAL, ADAPT TO CHANGING ENVIRONMENTS
- Curious - Inquisitive and interested
- Optimistic - Have a positive outlook
- Progressive - Determined to succeed
CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING ADVERSITY AND ABLE TO TRANSCEND DIFFICULTY THROUGH CAPABILITY AND COMPETENCE
- Adaptable – Flexible
- Enthusiastic - Can do attitude
- Pragmatic - Sensible and realistic
HONEST AND OPEN IN ALL TRANSACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS, SELF AWARE, POSITIVE AND HELPFUL
- Positive mindset - Committed and determined
- Respectful - Inclusive and kind
- Socially intelligent - Self-aware and employable