VIRTUAL Taster Day (Year 11)
12 February 2021 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
The Craven College Year 11 Taster Day has gone virtual!
Due to government guidance, this event will be held online and all campuses will be closed on this day.
In Year 11 and applied to Craven College for a September 2021 start?
Join your subject area tutors in an interactive webinar to learn further information about your course, fun activities and to meet future classmates.
Webinars will run across all subject areas at two time slots:
- 9:30am – 10:30am
- 11:00am – 12:00noon
Links to the Tasters have been sent, please check your junk/spam folders if you can’t see them in your inbox!
On the day
On the morning of the event, you will receive an email to the email address you have registered with which will contain a link to the webinar workshop you have signed up for.
The webinar workshop will be delivered through Microsoft teams. To join a webinar through Microsoft teams, please follow these instructions:
- On the day of the event, check your emails to find the Microsoft Teams presentations you have signed up for
- Join these webinars a couple of minutes before they are due to start
- You can join these webinars from any device, browser, Teams desktop app or mobile device (I0S and Android)
- When you click on a webinar, you will be asked how you would like to join. You should choose the continue on this browser instead option
- You will then need to enter your name and adjust the settings for your camera and microphone
- You will now be in your webinar and will be shown a screen indicating that when the meeting starts, someone will let you in to the presentation
- You should wait for the tutors to let you in
The format of the Construction Taster Day has changed. On the morning of the event, please join the Teams link you receive at the time which relates to your subject area interest.
9:30am – 10:30am
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Civil Engineering and The Built Environment
11:00am – 12:00noon
- Painting & decorating
On the day of the event, if you are unable to find your email with the link in your inbox, please email email@example.com.