Deck the halls and get that Christmas feeling by preparing your table! Christmas is coming and we are prepared to make something special on this one-day course.
During this one-day course, you will learn how to create a table centre piece by means of a table runner and matching or co-ordinating napkins. You will learn binding and edging techniques, as well as how to mitre corners neatly and professionally. Be the envy of your family and friends with your homemade creation to use time and time again.
“This cheered up my dining room table no end! I’ve now made other sets for family celebrations – I even made one for my camper van!”
- You will need to measure the length of your kitchen/dining table beforehand and provide enough fabric for the length PLUS 0.5 metres. You will need to provide enough wide bias binding to bind BOTH sides of your table runner PLUS 10cm turnings for each side
- Example: Table length is 2m. You will require 2.5m of fabric and 5.2m of wide bias binding, in colours of your choice
- You may wish to use your own fabric and bring your own sewing resources to the course (i.e. your own shears etc)
- Basic sewing skills and how to use a sewing machine are essential. This course is suitable for improvers
- Please remember to bring a packed lunch with you and a travel cup (with a lid) for tea/coffee. Tea and coffee supplies will be provided on the day
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
Please complete our online enrolment form.