Level 3 Nail Services offers many opportunities and career pathways; it is closely linked to the fashion industry which is fast and ever-changing. This course will push your levels of creativity in advanced nail art techniques through experimentation, trial and error.
City & Guilds
Training will take place in our well-equipped nail bar, under instruction from highly skilled, qualified supportive tutors. You will experience a real working environment, running your own column carrying out treatments on paying members of the public, giving you invaluable experience to prepare you for the working world.
You will be use the most up-to-date equipment including the latest LED lamps and professional products from NSI and BrillBird. Our tutors are highly qualified practising Nail Technicians with a wealth of experience and industry know-how, so you will be kept up to date with new and emerging trends and techniques.
Visits, such as to the National Beauty Therapy Exhibition in Manchester,which will reinforce your learning and ensure you are on trend. Regular workshops from industry specialists, for example, Steiner who explain the career opportunities on board cruise ships, extend your knowledge of the industry. Competition entry is also encouraged and Nail Services students have had particular success in the WorldSkills UK events.
- Apply & Maintain Nail Enhancements
- Airbrush Design For Nails
- Design & Apply Nail Art
- Nail Enhancements & Advanced Hand & Nail Art Techniques
- Create An Image Based On A Theme
- Enhance Nails Using Electrical Files
- Working With Colleagues Within Beauty Related Industries
- Monitor & Maintain Health & Safety Practice In Salon
- Client Care & Communication In Beauty Related Industries
- Promote & Sell Products & Services To Clients
- Nail Services Level 2 (Merit/Distinction) including English & Maths GCSEs grade 9-4
Your choices may include:
- Nail Bar / Salon
- Beauty Salon
- Cruise Ship
- Hotel Spa
- Product or Manufacturing Company
You are required to purchase a kit and wear a uniform for the practical aspects of your course.