Do you want to make a positive difference to someone who is facing physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges? Working with people, feeling passionate about supporting and enabling them to live a more independent and fulfilling life can be a rewarding and worthwhile job that provides excellent career opportunities.
This Apprenticeship covers both Adult Care Workers and Personal Assistants.
As a Personal Assistant, you will do the same job as an Adult Care Worker and work directly for one individual usually within their own home. Adult Care Workers may work in residential or nursing homes, domiciliary care, day centres, a person’s own home or some clinical healthcare settings. As an Adult Care Worker, you need to have the right values and behaviours which will enable you to develop competencies and skills to provide high-quality compassionate care and support. You will be part of the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible and enable them to have control and choice in their lives which is at the heart of person-centred care.
Core Skills & Knowledge
- Importance of Having the Right Values & Behaviours
- Importance of Communication
- How to Support Individuals to Remain Safe from Harm (Safeguarding)
- How to Promote Health & Wellbeing for the Individuals you Support & Work Colleagues
- How to Work Professionally, inc your own Professional Development
- GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C) in English and Maths
- Clear DBS check
Your choices may include:
- End of Life Carer
- Dementia Specialist
- Mental Health Worker
- Residential / Domiciliary Carer
- Social Worker