Course has already started. Call 01756 791 411 for future dates.
New Courses will be advertised in June 2019, for more information call 01756 693 309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This theory-based Level 2 qualification is for those wanting a route into the horticultural profession, to support career development for those already working in horticulture or to provide a foundation for further learning or training.
Tue 17 Sep 2019
09:30 - 15:30
HARLOW CARR COLLEGE
Exam Fee: £128
The RHS break the whole qualification down into two distinct parts. Units 1 – 4 constitute the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Plant Growth, Propagation & Development, Units 5 – 8 constitute the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Garden Planning, Establishment & Maintenance. Combined, all the units make up the full Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate.
This course can be combined with the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture to provide an RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.
A full timetable and reading list will be provided in the first session.
- Unit 1 (R2101): Plant Classification, Structure & Function
- Unit 2 (R2102): Plant Nutrition & the Root Environment
- Unit 3 (R2103): Maintaining Plant Health
- Unit 4 (R2104): Understanding Plant Propagation
- Unit 5 (R2111): Understanding Garden Features, Plant Selection & Planning
- Unit 6 (R2112): Understanding the Choice, Establishing & Maintenance of Garden Plants & Lawns
- Unit 7 R2113): Understanding the Production of Outdoor Vegetables & Fruit
- Unit 8 (R2114): Understanding Protected Environments & their use in Plant Cultivation
* the RHS syllabus/exam code for each paper is included in brackets
Your choices may include:
- This course can be combined with the Practical Horticulture Certificate Level 2 RHS to give the Horticulture Principles and Practices Diploma RHS Level 2
- Horticulture RHS Level 3
- Garden Design Foundation Degree
There is a kitchenette in the classroom, including a microwave.
Teas and coffees are provided, but please bring your own lunch.