Course has already started. Call 01756 791 411 for future dates.
New Courses will be advertised in June 2019, for more information call 01756 693 309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A highly respected course certificated by the Royal Horticultural Society that teaches the hows and whys of practical horticulture.
Tue 10 Sep 2019
09:00 - 12:15
Exam Fee: £105
In response to many requests, Craven College is delighted to offer a one-year practical horticulture course. The course will follow the RHS Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture syllabus which students can achieve through continuous assessment by successfully completing several plant identification tests, practical tasks and written assignments.
Many students complete all three qualifications offered by the RHS at level 3 in order to achieve the RHS Level 3 Diploma in Horticulture. The other two qualifications at this level are the Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Health and Applied Propagation and the Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Construction & Planting. Both courses are assessed by final examinations.
- Collecting & Testing Of Soil Samples & Specifying Adjustments For Horticulture (2 credits)
- Collecting, Preparing & Propagating From Seed (3 credits)
- Establishing & Maintaining A Range Of Plant Types & Forms (4 credits)
- Identification Of A Range Of Common Garden Plants, Weeds, Pests, Diseases & Disorders (3 credits)
- Management Of Green Spaces, Landscaped Areas & Ornamental Gardens (3 credits)