Go green with this Environment Sustainability course, perfect for those interested in issues like climate change, agriculture, air pollution and more, across both local and global scales.
This programme gives you a basic grounding in understanding and knowledge of the environmental sustainability sector. You will be based on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park in our rural College campus which will give you access to excellent facilities including the great outdoors. To compliment your studies, you will take part in work experience, receive visits from guest speakers and take part in trips and visits. All of our tutors are experts in their fields with experience of working as Rangers, in Environmental Education, Horticulture and Agriculture.
Level 3 – 5 GCSEs 9-4 or Wildlife Management Level 2 (Merit/Distinction) including English or maths & science GCSEs 9-4
What you will study
- Understand the Principles of Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Communities
- Science for Environmental Technicians
- Energy Management
- Informatics for Environmental & Sustainability Industries
- Understanding the Principles of Wildlife Populations, Ecology & Conservation
- Understanding Principles of Physical & Biological Environmental Processes
- Undertake an Extended Investigative Project in the Environmental Sustainability Sector
- Undertake an Investigative Project in the Environmental Sustainability Sector
- Using Statistics in Science