Want to be a teacher or trainer in Further Education, Adult and Community Learning or Apprenticeships? This two year, part-time in-service course enables you to achieve your professional, industry recognised qualification whilst teaching at the same time.
The Diploma in Education & Training is delivered at Craven College and is validated by Ascentis.
Once the College has finalised its proposals for 2020/21 Tuition Fees more information will be published. Any proposals will be in line with Consumer Price Index, our Fee Policy and Government guidelines and requirements. Please note Foundation Degrees are qualifications in their own right and students progressing from a Foundation Degree to a top-up year are subject to a new fee.
The Diploma in Education and Training provides the widely recognised Level 5 teaching qualification for teachers, lecturers and trainers in the post-14 Education and Training sector which includes Further Education, Adult and Community Learning and Work-Based Training.
This two year, part-time in-service course enables you to achieve your qualification whilst teaching. The Diploma gives you the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills needed to confirm occupational competence. This includes the planning and delivering of schemes of work and sessions, negotiation of individual goals, different teaching and learning strategies, communication issues and exploring a range of assessment practices. Additionally, optional units are available allowing you to explore areas directly relevant to your own teaching role.
The qualification aims to enable learners to understand the roles and responsibilities in relation to teaching, appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area, to plan, deliver and evaluate teaching sessions and to understand the use of assessment methods and record-keeping.
In order to successfully achieve the Diploma, candidates must complete 100 hours of teaching practice of which there must be a minimum of 8 observations totalling a minimum of 8 hours.
Your learning will be supported by Moodle – an on-line electronic resource platform managed by your module tutors, by the excellent LRC at the Aireville Campus in addition to the College’s specialist support centre.
The course is studied over 2 years.
The module map provides a list of the modules you will study during the course.
- Teaching, learning & assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles & models in education & training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Wider professional practice in education and training
- Action learning to support the teaching of your subject specialism
- Developing, using and organising resources within a specialist area
- Evaluating learning programmes
- Managing learning and development in groups
- Classroom management
- 100 hours teaching over the 2 years
- Extended Diploma or A Level in specialist area
- Clear DBS
Your choices may include:
- Teacher in Further Education
Your choices may include:
- Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills Status (QTLS)