(Please note: This course is currently being rewritten by the Education and Training Foundation for September 2024 entry. If you need further information please contact Catherine Adams email@example.com 01756 243 356)
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a teaching qualification, which has a teaching /training practice requirement. It is an ’in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers within the further education sector.
This qualification has been developed to support those trainee teachers from a range of contexts to gain the competence, confidence as well as the knowledge and skills required for teaching roles within the Education and Training sector. The qualification is assessed through written assessment and eight classroom-based observations across the two years.
The course is made up of units worth 120 credits, 75 of which are core units as listed and the remaining 45 are made up of optional units.
Craven College has a long-standing reputation for the delivery of teacher training qualifications and due to our size and location, we can offer a very supportive start to your teaching career.
Students studying the Education & Training Level 5 Diploma may be eligible for a Higher Education Tuition Fee Loan to cover the cost of the course. Please see the College Degrees Funding and Finance page for more information, including a link to Student Finance England.
- Level 3 qualification in subject specialism
- To be operating at a Level 2 for maths and English and undertake an initial assessment
- Access to a minimum of 50 hours of teaching during each of the 2 years of study during which you will have full responsibility for planning, delivering and assessing learning
What you will study
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training