Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
City & Guilds
You can choose to work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, preschools, reception classes and as childminders. You may either be working on your own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
- Plans & Supervises Child Initiated & Adult Led Activities (based around the needs & interests of each individual child)
- Supports Children to Develop Numeracy & Language Skills Through Games & Play
- Has Key Person Responsibility to Help Ensure Each Child Feels Safe & Secure
- Observes Each Child & Shapes Their Learning Experience to Reflect Their Observations
- Meets the Care Needs of the Individual Child – Feeding, Changing Nappies & Administration of Medicine
- Works in Partnership with other Colleagues, Parents and/or Carers or Other Professionals to meet the Individual Needs of Each Child
- Employment within the industry
- 3 GCSEs grade 9-4 including English & Maths
- Clear (DBS) Disclosure & Barring Service check
Your choices may include:
- Manager of an Early Years Setting