Course has already started. Call 01756 791 411 for future dates
This industry recognised qualification will prepare you for junior and entry-level accounting roles. It delivers a solid foundation in finance administration – covering areas such as double-entry bookkeeping to basic costing principles and using accounting software. You will learn finance, accountancy, business and communications skills.
Tue 18 Sep 2018
16:15 - 21:00
Exam Fee: £245
AAT Qualifications are recognised by employers as practical and technical qualifications which prepare students for the world of work and for working specifically in accountancy and finance roles.
Bookkeeping Transactions, Bookkeeping Controls, Using Accounting Software and Elements of Costing are examinable individually (computer-based assessments). There is also a synoptic, general assessment which assesses all of these units plus Working Effectively in Finance. The Using Accounting Software unit is not covered in the synoptic assessment. All assessments are taken during the normal class time and are marked by the AAT. All exam dates are scheduled, changes to this schedule cannot be made.
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Work Effectively in Finance
- All prospective students must provide evidence that they have achieved GCSE Maths and English 9-5 (A*–C)
- All students aged under 19 are required to do 35 hours work-based experience in a relevant position if not already employed
- During induction, assessments will be completed to check suitability for the course and identify any support that may be required
The AAT charge student members £43 as an initial joining fee, plus an annual fee of £92. Only one exam per module is included within the course fees, any additional resit costs will incur a fee.