Specialise in Broadcasting within our Media Study programme and carve yourself a niche in this fast-developing world of user experience, digital storytelling, high-resolution tv and 3D audio.
Join us for an introduction to the world of journalism and public relations and study a variety of digital and broadcast journalism practices as well as learning about the function of public relations in modern society. The course will include a range of practical activities including traditional and modern print and broadcast journalism methods, digital and online research techniques, interview and communication skills and projects involving clients and real-life work situations.
Craven College Media Studios have broadcast quality HD cameras, tracking, mobile lighting kits, auto-cue and mobile vision mixing facilities, giving you the experience of professional moving image production. There is a well-equipped industry-standard Mac Video Editing Suite with CS6, fully operational Radio Station, audio editing and production software to ensure you have the industry experience to take with you to employment or Degree level study and the crowning glory – a live TV Studio with a vision mixer. These facilities are the perfect starting point to help you build your skill-set and lay the foundations to pursue a career as a Print, Digital or Broadcast Journalist, Editor, Publisher, News Correspondent, Film
Director, Producer or Storyteller in the media industries.
Our professional tutors have specialisms in television and radio broadcasting, social media, print media for newspapers and magazines, factual production and broadcast journalism which will help you grow your planning and communication skills enabling you to develop ideas effectively and creatively for different purposes and audiences on a range of media platforms.
- Level 2 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-1 including English & maths
- Level 1 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-1 including English & maths
What you will study
- Introduction to Materials, Processes & Skills in Art, Design & Media
- Introduction to Contextual Research in Art, Design & Media
- Introduction to Communication Skills in Art, Design & Media
- Solving 2D Creative Problems
- Solving 3D Creative Problems
- Solving Time-based Creative Problems
- Art, Design & Media Project
- Introduction to Creative Media Methods & Skills
- Introduction to Production Techniques in Creative Media
- Understanding an Audience in Creative Media Production
- Contextual Research for Creative Media Production
- Exploring Audio Production & Technology
- Exploring Visual Production & Technology
- Exploring Interactive Media Production & Technology
- Personal Project & Presentation in Creative Media Production
- Creative Media Technology BSc (Hons)
- Journalism BA (Hons)
- Radio & Television BA (Hons)
- Content Marketer
- Copy Writer
- Corporate Communications Specialist
- PR Specialist
- Sports Information Director
- Technical Writer