Want to be on the cusp of the next big scientific breakthrough or looking to explore the meaning behind the universe? If it’s working in a laboratory or for the front line of the NHS, our A Level equivalent, mainly coursework course leads into jobs in Biomedical Science, Nursing, Forensics, Criminology, Clinical Science and more, helping you achieve your career goals!
The Biomedical Science course gives you the opportunity to develop your knowledge in a range of scientific subjects. The exam-based units focus on all three major sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), while the optional units chosen enable you to gain a more in-depth knowledge regarding topics related to biomedical science careers such as Nursing and Paramedic Science.
- Level 3 – 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 including English or maths & science
What you will study
- Principles & Applications of Science 1 & 2
- Practical Scientific Procedures & Techniques
- Genetics & Genetic Engineering
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Forensic Evidence Collection & Analysis
- Diseases & Infections
- Investigative Project