Course has already started. Call 01756 791 411 for future dates.
Learn to make a stained glass window for your home using traditional leaded light stained glass techniques.
Wed 8 May 2019
18:00 - 21:00
This stained glass course for beginners and improvers will develop your skills using the traditional lead came method of stained glass making. The workshops will cover glass cutting, cutting to a pattern, assembly, leading, and soldering. You will develop more complex design patterns and improve glass cutting and leading skills to make more complex and intricate window designs. You will understand architectural principles in designing windows for specific places. Using your own design develop and make your own stained glass window or panel.
- Techniques for Glass Cutting
- Learning How to Solder
- Constructing Glass Within Lead
- Learning How to Draw Templates, (known as cartoons) for Cutting Glass
- Considering Various Types of Glass & Their Uses
- Consideration of Architecture When Designing Windows for Home or Specific Places
All materials and equipment are provided by College and included in the course fees.