Course has already started. Call 01756 791 411 for future dates
A well-structured and systematic course for those who have never painted before, as well as for those who want to reinforce their basic skills in oils or to move onto oils having previously used acrylics or water-based media.
Wed 26 Sep 2018
18:30 - 21:00
You will learn to see colour, shape and tone and relate all these elements together in various compositions in order to build up your self-confidence and enjoyment of painting in a stimulating environment.
Throughout the course, you will learn from the works of many artists to improve your development. It is an ideal course for beginners as there is plenty of guidance from the tutor.
By the end of this course, you will understand how to use oil paints and be able to undertake a painting alone, understand how to mix colours and have a good understanding of colour theory, have an understanding of tone, composition, handling paint and more.
- Layout a Basic Palette
- Working with a Limited Tonal Palette
- Handling Paint
- Laying Down a Tonal Ground
- Drawing Out & Under-painting
- Understanding Colour & Mixing
- Understanding Composition
- How to Take a Painting to Completion
You will need to bring:
- 3 paint brushes (a thick hog brush, a medium and a small sable brush)
- Small canvas boards
- Palette (can be greaseproof paper)
- Small bottle of genuine turpentine
- Jam jar
Oil colours needed (small tubes & student grade oil paints are fine):
- Titanium White
- Lamp Black
- Yellow Ochre
- Light Red or Venetian Red
- Cobalt Blue
- Oxide of Chromium