In this introduction to Fine Art, you will cover a range of creative activities and explore different materials and methods so that your ideas will find the best forms of expression. Drawing, printmaking and art history are all aspects of Fine Art that you will explore through creative media as the course progresses.
Tue 22 Jan 2019
09:30 - 12:00
This course will enable you to be confident in using materials, improved drawing skills, awareness of Art Historical precedents and enthusiasm to progress in the study of Fine Art. Each week, you will learn about a different period of art history and you will be shown a technique which somehow relates to that period. Each lesson is a mix of theoretical and practical elements.
- Understanding & Practice of Drawing
- Exploration of Different Techniques: Water Colour, Pastel, Oil Painting, Collage
- Printmaking Media: Monoprint, Linocut, Intaglio
- Bringing Ideas into Visual Form
- Finding Inspiration in Art History
Please bring an A3 sketchbook