Do you love animals and want to learn more about their care? Join us on this practical course where you will work with farm animals as well as with our extensive range of small animals.
Entry Level 3
City & Guilds
In addition to working with the animals and learning about their care and well being, you will learn to work safely as part of a team.
You will have to attend English and maths lessons and will be assessed through the completion of a portfolio.
Preparing for work units
- Work Safely, Lift & Handle Safely, Effective Communication, Working As Part Of A Team
- Working With Farm Animals – Sheep, Goats & Chickens
- Working With Small Animals To Complete Health Checks & Grooming
- Showing Visitors Around The Unit
- Basic level of Maths & English
- Enthusiasm for the subject
Your choices may include:
- Animal Care Level 1
- Agriculture & Environment Level 1