Ever wanted to take your horse knowledge and skills to the next level? We offer an informative and fun course which could be perfect for you!
The Craven College Silver Award in Horse Care and Management will cover all aspects of husbandry. You’ll get the opportunity to work with a variety of lovely horses learning how best to care for them on a fully equipped, safe, friendly yard. The course will be led by a BHS qualified tutor who has experience in all equine fields and is extremely passionate about high standards within the industry.
If you’ve already achieved our bronze award, you can enrol straightaway. If not, don’t worry, a short informal chat with the tutor will ensure you are on the correct course.
Aims and topics of the course:
- Fit Tack & Boots on a Horse
- Prepare a Horse for Travel
- Understand Horse Behaviour
- Understand How to Feed a Horse
- Understand Basic Horse Anatomy
- Understand Horse Fitness
- Maintain a Horse’s Health
- Prepare a Horse for Presentation
- How to Care for Horse’s Feet
- Understand the Environment for Keeping Horses
This qualification will provide you with the confidence, knowledge and skills to care for horses, also, it could act as a step towards working within the equine industry.
Clothing you’ll need to wear:
- Sturdy footwear (ideally boots/wellies)
- Long sleeved top/jumper
- Full length trousers/jeans/breeches
- If you have a riding helmet, great! Bring it along. If not, no problem, we will supply you with one
- Warm clothing, it can get chilly on the yard!
- Face mask
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
Please complete our online enrolment form.
This course follows on from the bronze award. We are aiming to deliver the gold award in horse care and management which would be perfect progression from this course.